Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Sharpie fabric markers RULE!

My husband truly know the way to a crafter-wife's heart.
For my birthday he bought me Sharpie fabric markers!

I knew immediately what my first project would be, it's not even completely finished but I had to share!

I have this beautiful mustard t-shirt, fits like a glove, perfect weight, everything just right. So of course, I put it in the wash and it came out like this:

If I knew what the offending item of clothing was that bled all over this I totally would have burned it to prove a point.

Solution: A piece of lace with a pattern that I adore, and a navy blue Sharpie!
I tacked the piece of lace on to the shirt, and used the Sharpie to trace the pattern lightly over the shirt.


If I didn't love this lace pattern so much I would have used a bigger piece, but I didn't want to waste it. It's a bit of a pain having to take it off and realign it so often, so if you try this use a larger piece of lace.

This is what it looked like when I filled it in completely, then I removed the panel, lined it up with the fabric marker and started the process over for the next section of shirt.


So far, this is what it looks like. I am happy with the Sharpies for a few reasons, they glide pretty seamlessly over the fabric, and the color stays true. So even though this navy is on mustard it hasn't taken on a greenish hue which is key. However, I'm about half way through the shirt and I think the marker is running out, so they get a "minus" for durability.

I promise an outfit post with the completed shirt in the next few weeks! (Christmas crafting may get in the way of finishing the back half of the shirt!)

No comments: